Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mark holden

Contents of Princess Mary Fund 1914 Writing Set

11 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone can list or show a picture of the contents of the PM Christmas Fund Writing Set. I have acquired the outer case but no contents.

many thanks

Mark

If you type "ww1 pricess mary tin contents" into google the top 2 results show listings on ebay with pics. jossw

Thanks but it is the writing set not the tin that I am trying to find what the contents were.

regards

Mark

If you type "ww1 pricess mary tin contents" into google the top 2 results show listings on ebay with pics. jossw

Mark

There is a litle notebook inside with a pencil attached but you will have to wait until tomorrow for pictures because I dont know how to reseize the pictures

Kind regards

Pat

Thanks Pat

Mark

There is a litle notebook inside with a pencil attached but you will have to wait until tomorrow for pictures because I dont know how to reseize the pictures

Kind regards

Pat

Mark,

These images have been posted before in a previous thread. I couldn't find it in a quick search, so I'm posting the images again.

Pad and ruled guide sheet, envelopes and pencil with nickel plated cover in the small storage loop provided.

Regards

Tocemma

post-7141-1259665313.jpg

post-7141-1259665334.jpg

Tocemma,

Many thanks. Are any of the items monogramed?

thanks

Mark

Mark,

These images have been posted before in a previous thread. I couldn't find it in a quick search, so I'm posting the images again.

Pad and ruled guide sheet, envelopes and pencil with nickel plated cover in the small storage loop provided.

Regards

Tocemma

post-7141-1259665313.jpg

post-7141-1259665334.jpg

Were these sold to raise money for the fund rather than being issued to the troops?

John

Were these sold to raise money for the fund rather than being issued to the troops?

John

Agree; although I am unable to remember exactly where I read it

Andy

I am sure they were issued as part of the 'Non Smokers' Gift-Khaki Writing Set, Tin, Pencil, Christmas Card and acid drops-from memory. regards Mark

John

Agree; although I am unable to remember exactly where I read it

Andy

within the writing kit was also a photograph of Princess Mary and a letter from Buckingham Palace that reads "Gift from Mary R and the Women of the Empire 1914". The pencil, paper and envelopes were not monogramed.