Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lachlan

Insignia 65th Division ?

4 posts in this topic

Dear All

Did the 65th (2nd Lowland) Division wear any identifying insignia on uniforms or helmets during its existence ?

If so, is it known if the 2/7th Royal Scots wore any insignia ?

BTW, would the 2/7th's brass shoulder titles say "T7RS" ?

I cannot find any insignia to them also I do'nt think the 65th Lowland went overseas.

Lachlan,

The Royal Scots used ‘Royal Scots’ as their shoulder title until after the War. A Royal Scots Territorial Force battalion's shoulder title would look like something like this configuration:

T

ROYAL SCOTS

It is likely that later in the war the ‘T’ and the ‘7’ would be dropped.

Reference patches, these tended to be ‘battle patches/insignia’ and I don’t recall any reference to the 65th Division wearing any, plus this division did not see active service.

I hope this is of use.

Aye,

Tom McC

Lachlan,

The Royal Scots used 'Royal Scots' as their shoulder title until after the War. A Royal Scots Territorial Force battalion's shoulder title would look like something like this configuration:

T

ROYAL SCOTS

It is likely that later in the war the 'T' and the '7' would be dropped.

Reference patches, these tended to be 'battle patches/insignia' and I don't recall any reference to the 65th Division wearing any, plus this division did not see active service.

I hope this is of use.

Aye,

Tom McC

Thanks. Indeed my Granddad was based in Scotland, then Chelmsford, Essex, then Ireland. Interestingly enough, a photo of him in Widford Camp, Chelmsford (1916) show him wearing the Imperial Service badge. I presume he was never needed to go to the front !