Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seadog

The Shooting Party (1985)

6 posts in this topic

For those not watching rugby or football tomorrow (Sun 5th) I highly recommend this film on BBC2 TV (No Interuptions) Starring James Mason, Edward Fox and Dorothy Tutin to name but a few of the "Greats". Starts 2.55.....................

More:

The Shooting Party

Norman

Thanks Norman, I'll set the recorder, a darn good film and excellent book

Michelle

I agree Michelle a very atmospheric film with overhanging it all the sure prospect of a world shortly to end with the carnage of the Great War,

Regards

Norman

Yes, a "hidden treasure" and a personal favorite, it's a wonderful period film with some excellent acting. One of those rarities where the film is actually as good or better than the book, I made sure to have a copy in my personal catalogue some years ago, and can enjoy watching it still.

Ah! A favourite of mine. James Mason's last film. Great performances by James Mason and Edward Fox.

Yes, the scene depicting James Mason saying a prayer and weeping over the dying beater is poignant and very nuanced.

To think that the film virtually coincided with the seventieth anniversary of the conflict, and that we are now on the threshold of the Centennial, is a bit disconcerting.

Phil (PJA)