Remembered Today:

Battlefield Photography

Wanted : pictures of Sunken road cemetery at Contalmaison , Pozieres British cemetery

8 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I'm looking for photo's of Sunken road cemetery and Canadian cemetery at Contalmaison and of Pozieres British cemetery during or right after the war. Writing a blog about it. 

Thanks in advance,

Tom

www.battlefieldphotography.be

Hi Tom

Have you tried: The Somme: Volume 1. The First Battle of the Somme (1916-1917) (Albert, Bapaume, Personne): v. 1 (Illustrated Michelin Guides to the Battle Fields (1914-1918)) Paperback – 13 Feb 2009. (Bygone Pilgrimage)

I have the Ypres, two years after the war, which as photos of cemeteries in that area. All the best with your blog.

Gerwyn

Thanks for the tip Gerwyn! I'll try to get me a copy. The blogpost goes online on the 23rd of this month. Feel free to read it @ www.battlefieldphotography.be.

Cheers!

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

No problem Tom, sorry I could not be of more help to you, do you live anywhere near Ypres, I was out there a couple of weeks ago, I will have a read of your blogpost now.

Just been on your blog web site and saved it, I found it interesting, the places you have mentioned I have visited, at Newfoundland I walked in and out of the trenches which have now healed, the last time I was there you could not walk them due to there being a electrical wire running along the path.

Gerwyn

Edited by pioneecorps

I live near Brussels but I'm visiting Ypres every 2 months or so :-) . Thanks for checking out my blog! Next month will be dedicated to the battle of Passendaele starting with the the battle of Pilkem ridge. Did you visited specific sites ?

I did have my photo taken with my great uncles medals by a Belgium WW1 group?, and they placed it on their web site but cant remember its name now, I was at the unveiling of the Welsh Memorial Langemark.

Gerwyn

We were there 2 weeks ago , following the footsteps of the 38th division on the 31st of July 1917. Thanks for saving my blog !