I've just gone back and re-read this thread and have tried to summarise the problems, so as to provide a clear, concise picture of where the aggravation is. This list is generally in chronological order, not priority order, though I am assuming that problem 1 and 2 are pretty much the highest priority for most. Can you please review and let me know of any additions or mods and I'll update. There are one or two notes for those who reported problems to clarify.
1. The syntax of the casualty URL has changed, thereby breaking over 1.3 million links on numerous memorial websites, not to mention those in war research forums, personal research collections, Wikipedia, etc.
There is no obvious reason for the new search not being backwards-compatible with the old version, i.e. maintaining the same
URL syntax for casualty details.
2. You cannot jump directly to a casualty details screen from a link or a shortcut. The new URL syntax makes use of a session key which is only valid when using the new search facility.
3. The change has affected the version of Geoff's Search Engine for WW1 used by the In From The Cold Project volunteers and Geoff's Search Engine for WW2.
4. You cannot click Back to refine your search - you have to start your search over again.
5. There are some reports of searches returning "zero or too many matches" and the correct results on subsequent searches, e.g. A BAKER.
6. It is more difficult to save an individual's casualty details as a favourite.
7. The only method of creating a shortcut to an individual's casualty details based on the CWGC casualty ID
links to a PDF file, not a webpage. For example: http://www.cwgc.org/PDFHandler.ashx?t=a2&ca=2479710
8. The unique casualty ID, athough still in use, is now largely hidden in the new version.
9. If you print the PDF copy of a casualty certificate, the surname is repeated, e.g. Willie Bennett becomes Willie Bennett Bennett.
10. Secondary regiment / unit information is missing from the casualty details screen for some individuals, e.g. R RANSLEY.
11. When viewing casualties from the Cemetery Details screen for some cemeteries, it is not possible to see the entire list of casualties, e.g. WELLOGATE (can only list 40 of 50 casualties). Not displaying casualties S-V.
12. A report that clicking on a casualty from a Cemetery Details screen resulted in the error "No data found".Note: Michelle, can you please retry and advise cemetery and casualty name if problem still happening.
13. The PDF file for an individual's casualty certificate is rather large in size, 3.21 MB.
14. If the age of a casualty is Unknown, the PDF version says "Age: 0".
15. Some cemetery casualties are listed surname and christian name, whereas others are listed only by surname (no initial).
16. A randomly selected cemetery listing indicates that, following on from item 11, there may be general problems in this area. For example, selecting "LIVERPOOL (KIRKDALE) CEMETERY", indicates 512 casualties on the cemetery summary screen. When Cemetery Casualties is selected, the initial listing (A-C) is blank. This seems very unlikely given the size of the cemetery.
Edit: Combined the old 9 with 1 and renumbered.
Edit: Added 15 and 16.