Pte Thomas Wolloff POW Leicestershire Regiment 23965

1 reply to this topic

#1 *sparkle*

*sparkle*

Sergeant

• Members2
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

A bit of a long shot, but my partner's G. Grandpa was taken prisoner. Would anyone know if or how I can find out more.

My step-father-in -law (yes its a bit of a mouthfull)'s Grandfather Albert Pomeroy was also taken POW. But I have no idea which regiment he belonged to let alone a service number.

I'd love to know more about either of these men or their experiences.

Kind Regards
Tracey

#2 sotonmate

sotonmate

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 10,785 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Tracey

Do you have any more info on Albert ? There are six possibles that survived the war,all Albert and one has a second initial E. Any idea when he joined ? There is a mix,starting with one landing in France in the first days of the war in Aug 1914,one in 1915,others after that. Three of them were discharged to wounds/sickness and received a Silver War Badge. Other initials A in the Medal Index Card list are not Alberts.
In both instances if they were POWs,and the cards didn't make mention any of either surname as being POWs,they may have mentioned it on the original Medal Roll though,they might be named in the Kew Archives records for returning POWs in the series WO161. There will be a record of interview in the form of a de-brief,but I am not sure that all contributed. I have just done a search on their surnames and had no hits on WO161.

Sotonmate