corisande, on 18 February 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:
I admit to being lost with these medals. Can anyone tell me
1. Am I correct in assuming that the Serbs would have given a "job lot" of a specified number of medals to the British Army
2. How did the British decide to award then - what was the mechanism
3. I know that with say the Russian medals, they could be, and usually were, awarded for action on the Western Front. Was this the case with the Serbian medals?
2. No one seems to know how or why or what, although a lot of foreign awards were to members of Corps & appear to be their bravery & meritorious awards rather than giving MM's & DCM's
3. Most of Serbian awards were for service in Salonika
R Hayes Fr CdG 24.2.16
W Cummins as Adrian stated
W Carroll Russian Medal of St George 1st cl
Leonard I have nothing
I agree with Dick on Serb medal.