Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:31 PM
Sorry just found this, hope the following might be useful.
According to St Albans Museum, during the First World War StAlbans was a training centre for the London Territorial Army regiments and over 8000 men were billeted in the town. It's therefore likely that Verulamium Park was put to use. Local history is a bit vague but we know the Lincolnshire Regiment was camped at 'Britons Park' in 1915. Again the location is vague but thought to have been to the east of the city and no doubt in view of the Abbey.