Remembered Today:

Photo

! * WFA Leicestershire and Rutland Branch* !

30 replies to this topic

#26 ww1tiger

ww1tiger

Sergeant-Major

• Members3
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:ww1tigers.com website,Reading about the great war and collecting images of the Leicestershire Regiment.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi All

I went to the meeting last night and it was very interesting, a good venue and a outstanding speaker!

Leicestershire and Rutland will be a great success and i like tthe idea of Tigers being in the name.

Many thanks John for all your hard work

#27 PMHart

PMHart

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 688 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hi chums,

Well so we have launched another WFA branch and the Leicester Tigers seem to be off to a great start! There was a decent turnout of nearly fifty and everything was brilliantly organised by the new committee led by John Sutton and Nigel Atter - who are clearly both sex gods! They even bought me a couple of pints so I love them like brothers! I had a look at the speakers list for the next year and with a couple of glaring exceptions (Hello Bryn!) all the speakers are top-notch! The only way is up!

Pete

#28 Chris_Baker

Chris_Baker

General

• Old Sweat
  • 13,874 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Annoyed that I failed to make it. (Something cropped up at the last minute which meant I couldn't really get there until it was all over). A pity. But good luck to the branch, and I look forward to seeing you soon.

#29 The English Dog

The English Dog

Lieutenant

• Old Sweats
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Lincolnshire Regiment
    8th Battalion 1914/1916
    7th Battalion 1914/1917
    2/5 battalion 1917/1918
    1st Battalion 1918
    Dulmen POW camp

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Many thanks to all those who attended the first meeting and supported the formation of the Branch. Peter was on great form, thanks for an enlightneing and entertaining talk. Thanks also to all thise who sent good wishes we hope to welcome you to a Branch meeting one day.

#30 The English Dog

The English Dog

Lieutenant

• Old Sweats
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Lincolnshire Regiment
    8th Battalion 1914/1916
    7th Battalion 1914/1917
    2/5 battalion 1917/1918
    1st Battalion 1918
    Dulmen POW camp

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Dear Forum Pals

46 people attended the inaugural meeting and a good night was had by all.

The next meeting is scheduled for 21 November, where Neil Hanson will be speaking on: The First Blitz. All welcome.

Venue is Lord Mayor's Room, New Walk Museum, Leicester. See you there.

#31 Bryn_Hammond

Bryn_Hammond

Major

• Old Sweats
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi chums,

Well so we have launched another WFA branch and the Leicester Tigers seem to be off to a great start! There was a decent turnout of nearly fifty and everything was brilliantly organised by the new committee led by John Sutton and Nigel Atter - who are clearly both sex gods! They even bought me a couple of pints so I love them like brothers! I had a look at the speakers list for the next year and with a couple of glaring exceptions (Hello Bryn!) all the speakers are top-notch! The only way is up!

Pete

Were you doing one of you knockabout comedy talks, Pete, or something unusually serious?