1 reply to this topic

#1 mtemple

mtemple

Private

• Members2
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hello all,

My name is Murphy Temple, and I am in my final year studying history at Yale University. I'm writing my senior thesis about the reburial at Fromelles, and I've been researching and working on this for about a year now. I'm hoping to conduct interviews with living relatives of the missing of Fromelles -- both those who were positively identified and those whose ancestors are still unindentified. If any of you are descendants of Fromelles men (or know anyone who fits the bill) and are willing to talk with me about the Anzac tradition and the personal significance of the reburial, I would be incredibly grateful -- comment here or e-mail me at murphy.temple@yale.edu. I hope to conduct these interviews via Skype or e-mail sometime over the next month or so.

Thanks very much!

#2 ianw

ianw

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Good luck with this, Murphy. A fascinating and worthy subject.

I can't help you personally with contacting any relatives - but I know there are other Forum folk who may be able to assist.

I had the great privilege of attending the opening ceremony and witnessed the carriage cortege forming up on the site of the original burial pits. I will never forget this.

Once again good luck with the thesis.

P.S I presume you have found the Fromelles sub-forum on this site.