Photo

Centenary Wall Installation at IWM London

3 replies to this topic

#1 Private36064

Private36064

Sergeant-Major

• Members3
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:The Great War - My Family's involvement in it - Worcestershire Regt - Royal Field Artillery - R. Welsh Fusiliers - RMLI - and every Soul who died for our Freedom; then and since.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hello,
It may well be that someone has already posted on this subject, but if not, I'm sure participating in this is of interest to us all.
If anyone interested would care to click on the link below, all is explained. I found it as a link from the monthly CWGC Newsletter, which, as you will know, is sent on the first of each month after completing a simple Registration process with them.
Regards,
Mark.

http://www.1914.org/wall

#2 NigelS

NigelS

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Also just noticed this, and I've added my name. Not knocking the scheme, but can't help wondering if an an opportunity has been missed by not displaying the names of the fallen as well; it would have enforced the link between the present and the past very effectively.

NigelS

#3 Private36064

Private36064

Sergeant-Major

• Members3
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:The Great War - My Family's involvement in it - Worcestershire Regt - Royal Field Artillery - R. Welsh Fusiliers - RMLI - and every Soul who died for our Freedom; then and since.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

My thoughts entirely! Could not agree with you more.

Mark.

#4 Ken Santa Fe

Ken Santa Fe

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Touring the western front, duplicate bridge

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

IWM mostly gets it right. I'm sure this will be in keeping with their usual high standards.