5 replies to this topic

#1 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,556 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle touring, aquaria and ponds, family history

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

These links should allow Pals to download the two-part scan of a map Kibe sent me of the Asiago Plateau as it is today. They are large files and the server is not on a fast connection (it's the machine my friend let's me host my site on) so you might do better to right-click and do a save.

http://rockdoc2174.n...siago/North.jpg
http://www.rockdoc21...siago/South.jpg

Enjoy!

Keith

Edit 22.30 10 Dec 2011 URLs altered to point to a different site to which access should be straightforward.

#2 bushfighter

bushfighter

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweat
  • 2,101 posts
  • Interests:East Africa & Middle Eastern Campaigns, particularly the activities of the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Keith
Thank you very much for this gesture.

Harry

#3 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

No problem, Harry, but it's Kibe you should thank since he sent them to me in the first place. It would be better if the GWF could host them but I think this is a reasonable solution. I have an alternative that I may be able to use if this set-up breaks for some reason.

Keith

#4 Alan Curragh

Alan Curragh

Lieut-General

• Admin
  • 5,428 posts
  • Interests:Researching the Great War fallen of the Royal Belfast Academical Institution (Inst)

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Keith - I get a Google account login screen when I click on either link. Is there an option for anyone to view the files without a login?

#5 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

I don't know what the problem is, Alan. As I read the Googledocs set-up, they should work for anyone who uses the links but perhaps that only applies to people with Google accounts. I did wonder when it gave me a URL starting https. I'll explore a possible alternative host.

Keith

#6 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

I have switched the files to a different server but the download bandwidth is low, as it's not a professional set-up, so right-click and choose Save as because it will take a while. Please let me know if there are still problems.

Keith.

Reply to this topic