Photo

London University and St David's College Lampeter

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Bulloch

Rob Bulloch

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,610 posts
  • Interests:Cameron Highlanders. Battle of Loos. Commonwealth and Imperial Scottish Regiments

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hello the forum. I am not sure if I have posted this in the correct but here goes..I am searching for information on a soldier 131639 Gnr ARTHUR. LYNTON. HARRIS 268th Siege Bty Garrison Artillery KIA 31st Oct 1918. As far as I know he was from Swansea. And was an undergraduate of London University and Scholar of St David's College Lampeter (Theology)
I am wondering if there is a Honour Roll book for these institutions. Any further information on this soldier would be Wonderful

TIA Aye Rob.

#2 rflory

rflory

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 3,795 posts
  • Interests:Twentieth Century Royal Artillery officers, especially for the Great War

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I cannot find him in Univ. Coll. Lond., Univ. Coll. Hosp. and Med. School, A Record 1914-1919 that has photos and obits from all men from those institutions who died during the Great War.

#3 Rob Bulloch

Rob Bulloch

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,610 posts
  • Interests:Cameron Highlanders. Battle of Loos. Commonwealth and Imperial Scottish Regiments

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

rflory..Thank you very much for the look up, much appreciated.

Aye Rob

#4 David Underdown

David Underdown

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,609 posts
  • Interests:The Rolls of Honour of the Central Council for Church Bell Ringers, and the Surrey Association of Church Bell Ringers.

Also remembering my Great-Great-Uncle Pte 30649 Frederick John Holbrook, 2nd Bn, Welsh Regiment, Died of Wounds 26 July 1916, buried Heilly Station Cemetery, II D 11 aged 19 according to CWGC, but born 5 May 1898. Entered France 12 May 1915. (Avatar)

Staff member (Digital Preservation) at The National Archives, but here in a personal capacity.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

UCL is just one part of the University of London, there's a roll for the full university online at http://www.ull.ac.uk...ryservice.shtml - many of their degrees were awarded to external candidates, I'm not sure if students at Lampeter might have followed that route then

#5 Rob Bulloch

Rob Bulloch

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

David Thank you for posting the link, I used the link but could find my soldier listed on it.

Thanks again. Aye Rob.