3 replies to this topic

#1 sutton-in-craven

sutton-in-craven

Major

• Old Sweats
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:MONKHOUSE medals & plaques

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi, hoping to reunite missing Great War medals to broken groups already in my collection, all named to MONKHOUSE

Looking for any other WW1 medals named to MONKHOUSE: complete groups, singles, military, civilian, any campaign......

Any help would be very much appreciated :D, regards Andrew

Attached Files

• Attached File  GWF.JPG   95.9KB   0 downloads

#2 old owl

old owl

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Good Morning Andrew,

I thought that I had found you a very nice group to a Monkhouse via a friend--unfortunately when it all came out the name was Moorhouse!! Is this within your scope for future reference? I only ask this because some name collectors seem to cover variations on their principle name--probably not in your case? I am still actively looking out for Monkhouse--but they appear to be very thin on the ground. Also your local war memorials.

I have just been in touch with Louise to arrange for the Remembrance Service and Ceremony at Sutton-in-Craven this coming Sunday, hopefully Mona will be there as well, not sure about Andy though.

Hope all is well down under?

Regards, Robert

#3 sutton-in-craven

sutton-in-craven

Major

• Old Sweats
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:MONKHOUSE medals & plaques

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hey Robert, thanks for keeping me in mind when checking out medals ;)

I'm currently going through a bit of a dry spell. It was Aug 2010 when the last Monkhouse medals surfaced which I managed to secure, a Boer war pair to a Lieutenant in the 10th Imperial Yeomanry. I'm seriously thinking about collecting bottle tops instead to ease the frustration :lol:

Hope the Remembrance Day ceremony goes well this Sunday at Sutton-in-Craven. Say "hello" to Louise & Mona for me. By the way, I still have the poppy petal in my wallet, it goes everywhere with me :thumbsup:

#4 Keith Roberts

Keith Roberts

Lieut-General

• Admin
  • 5,914 posts
  • Interests:Researching the war of Greengates, those who served, and the community behind them. Yorkshire regiments, Belgian and other beers.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Sorry, we missed this one. it needs to go in the Wants section.

Keith Roberts