5 replies to this topic

#1 the5thsister

the5thsister

Private

• Members2
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi all,
My dad was a memeber of the London Irish Rifles during WWII, and has asked me to locate a khaki regimental cap with the green plume for him. I've been searching the internet, but have not had any luck. Sadly, time is of the essence, as he is in the end stages of cancer, and really wants these items before he passes away. I'm hoping someone out there knows where I can locate both these items for him quickly. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

#2 HERITAGE PLUS

HERITAGE PLUS

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:British Military History in general but mainly the period 1837-1919.
    Irish Military History mainly 1798, 1916 and 1919-23.
    Military & Brass Bands - Music and Instruments

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I suggest that given the urgency of the situation that you contact the Regimental Association who given the circumstances may be able to help you.

http://www.londonirishrifles.com/

Dave

#3 jay dubaya

jay dubaya

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear your news. Have you had a look here? I sincerely hope you find what you seek,

Jon

#4 the5thsister

the5thsister

Private

• Members2
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I suggest that given the urgency of the situation that you contact the Regimental Association who given the circumstances may be able to help you.

http://www.londonirishrifles.com/

Dave

I did try to contact them, emailed twice and tried phoning several times, but was unable to reach anyone there. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

#5 the5thsister

the5thsister

Private

• Members2
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thank you Jon, for the link. They had EXACTLY what I was looking for. I copied the link to my dad to make sure it was the right one, and hallelujah, it is ! He was very emotional, saying he didn't think he'd ever see another one in his lifetime. Thank you so much for taking the time to check the UK EBay for me. (We're in Canada). You've made an old man, and his sad daughter much happier :)
And, just a sidebar, what a wonderful community this is, that I would get help so quickly. It really IS much appreciated from both of you who took the time to reply.

Thanks again
5th

Sorry to hear your news. Have you had a look here? I sincerely hope you find what you seek,

Jon

#6 jay dubaya

jay dubaya

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Pleased to be able to help 5th :thumbsup: