No 10 Stationary Hospital, St. Omer

5 replies to this topic

#1 DanMorris1989

DanMorris1989

Private

• Members2
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

My grandfather John Morris served with the RAMC at the No. 10 Stationary hospital from 20/4/1917 until 10/5/1917.

Have seen through this forum that there is a roll/list of patients and also staff. Where came i find this?

Cheers,

Dan

#2 Ron Clifton

Ron Clifton

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hello Dan

As far as the National Archives are concerned, I'm afraid you will be unlucky. The War Diary is in file WO95/4102 (not yet available online, so you would need to visit Kew to read it) but will not hold any lists of patients, and only the comings and goings of officers are mentioned by name.

There are Admissions and Discharge Registers for a small selection of medical units in class MH106 in the old Ministry of Health series, but those of 10 Stationary Hospital are not among them.

Ron

#3 seaJane

seaJane

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,402 posts
  • Interests:The West Africa squadron in the 1840s; naval medicine; First World War, especially in poetry, art and fiction

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wellcome Library has some manuscript material relating to stationary hospitals but I'm afraid none from 10 (I just checked).

#4 Hollytree

Hollytree

Second Lieutenant

• Members3
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

This thread is a year old, but I have just revisited my grandfathers records (luckily survived the blitz) and see that he was admitted to this Stationary Hospital.

I am going to TNA in a couple of weeks, and wonder what the diaries of these hospitals reveal? Not expecting names, but is it the day to day as with all war diaries?

Thanks

Anne

#5 Ron Clifton

Ron Clifton

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hello Anne

It should give a day to day account, but the quality and completeness of diaries does vary enormously. I believe that some medical unit diaries do have some details of patients so you may be lucky.

Ron

#6 Hollytree

Hollytree

Second Lieutenant

• Members3
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Thanks I'll add it to my list of to do!

Anne