Jump to content
Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:34 AM
Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:15 PM
I've found some records, and a family tree, for Ernest Pinkney on 'ancestry'.
1. 1891 Scotland Census: Age 3. Born Glasgow. Living at 138 Aitkenhead Rd, Glasgow Govan, with father Thomas, mother Mary Ann and brother William - 3 mths.
2. 1901 England Census: Age 13. Born Glasgow. Living at 28 Garibaldi St, West Hartlepool, with father Thomas, mother Mary Ann and brother Leonard - 8.
3. 1911 England & Wales Census: Age abt 22. Born Glasgow. Occupation: Professional Footballer - Everton FC. Boarding at 37 Diana St, Walton, with fellow Everton players William Joseph Lacey and Edward Magner.
4. England & Wales BMD Marriage Index: Jul-Sept 1913, West Derby, Lancs. Spouse: Maude A Fairbrother.
5. British Army WW1 Medal Rolls Index Card: Cpl, Royal Engineers. 201725, WR/260437
6. England & Wales Death Index: Birth Date 23/11/1887. Date of Registration June 1975. Age at death 87. Registration district Liverpool.
Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:46 PM
Posted Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Can anyone please help me with information about the cause of death of SGT THOMAS CHARLESWORTH ALLSOPP (Royal West Surrey Regt att Labour Corps) who died at Norwich on March 7, 1919, aged 38.
He was a fine all-round sportsman who played cricket for Leicestershire (he was born in Leicester) and Norfolk, and football for Leicester Fosse, Luton Town, Brighton & Hove Albion and Norwich City.
I am guessing he may have been a flu victim but cannot find evidence short of getting a death cert.