6 replies to this topic

#1 David_Blanchard

David_Blanchard

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,412 posts
  • Interests:Aisne Battles

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:19 PM

I have just received through the post 4 copies of 'Der Angriff' a journal of world war I military history. These were published in the early 1980's in a similar format to the early Stand To!

I have issues 21 to 24 from 1983. Most of the articles are from the German perspective, published in the states under the editor Richard Baumgartner (He has a number of articles in early Stand To!'s). I was wondering if anyone has other copies of this magazine?

#2 Paul Reed

Paul Reed

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:40 PM

I have a full set. Sad day when it ceased - fantastic, ground-breaking journal. Is there anything you want looking up?

#3 David_Blanchard

David_Blanchard

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,412 posts
  • Interests:Aisne Battles

Posted 09 October 2003 - 06:10 PM

Paul,

I wish I knew the contents of the magazines to ask you specific questions. I would be interested to know when it started and ended and how many issues there were?

#4 Broznitsky

Broznitsky

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Researching Karl Broznitsky (Kiril Broznitzky) and John Mitson.

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Paul Reed @ Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:40:34 +0000)
Is there anything you want looking up?

Paul, may I presume to butt in and ask if there might be any German accounts of fighting against the Manchesters at Givenchy Dec. 21, 1914; or the Canadians at Lens August 21, 1917?
Peter in Vancouver

#5 Ralph J. Whitehead

Ralph J. Whitehead

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 02:51 AM

I have most of the series as well, only missing a few early ones. No. 3 was published in August 1979, the last I believe, No. 24, May 1983. It was a good source of information and it is a shame it folded, especially as I had just ordered a renewal for myself and my father and lost the money. I will look at them to see if there is anything along the lines of what you are looking for Peter.

Ralph

#6 Broznitsky

Broznitsky

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Researching Karl Broznitsky (Kiril Broznitzky) and John Mitson.

Posted 10 October 2003 - 02:30 PM

Cheers, Ralph. If you come across any photos of those "helmet-less, unarmed" bomb throwers, keep me in mind ! smile.gif
Peter

#7 Paul Reed

Paul Reed

Lieut-General

• Old Sweats
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Broznitsky @ Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:45:10 +0000)
Paul, may I presume to butt in and ask if there might be any German accounts of fighting against the Manchesters at Givenchy Dec. 21, 1914; or the Canadians at Lens August 21, 1917?
Peter in Vancouver

Not that I remember - much of the material from the German side is about the Western Front outside the BEF sector. But I will check to make sure.