Photo

POWS IN AFION KARAHISSAR

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dogan Sahin

Dogan Sahin

Second Lieutenant

• Old Sweats
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Law, History of Wars and Peace, Archaeology, my children

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Hi all,
Finally, my months long reseraches on POWS kept in Afion Karahissar Turkey began to bear fruit!
http://www.kocatepegazetesi.com/
a daily newspaper began publishing the results ( click on page six on upper right hand corner PDF section-archives just below) as of yesterday.
I am garetful for all info-leads I have obtained here. I have even been able to get info on Kiwis! There were many POWS in afion -anzac, french, russian, english, indian and other dominion soldiers. I am now trying to locate the actual buildings they were kept in in this maze! Surprise, I have located at least 3!
I will though appreciate any further info, pictures, drawings, descriptions of any sort regarding Afion POWS. Hopefully this effort will become a book soon and Ill have contributed to the few books on this subject (and done my humane duty to those who have fallen). Please do not hesitate to let me know of any BIT of info...
Ragards

#2 JNickR

JNickR

Corporal

• Members2
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

Dogan,

I know your insert was some time ago, but is 2321 Cpl A. Arch of the Worcester Yeomanry on your list of POWs? I am also looking for information on the location where 2164 Trooper C. Ricketts was held.

Nick Ricketts

#3 Ozzie

Ozzie

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 3,581 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Reading, reading.Lighthorse, Aussies on the Western Front.
    At present side tracked with restaurant but have an interior brick wall built in 1914 in the function room that houses my WW1 stuff. It draws a lot of interest.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Dogan, keep up the good work on all fronts.

Regards
Kim