10 replies to this topic

#1 douglass

douglass

Lieutenant

• Old Sweats
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hi all,
anyone got a Reasonable/Good Condition WW1 British Helmet forsale?
just thought i would ask, i know there are probably a few on auction sites but dont want to get into bidding wars etc.
would rather buy a helmet shell with no strings.
any photos would be appreciated to douglassteel75@hotmail.com
many thanks
Douglass

#2 Andrew Upton

Andrew Upton

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 4,416 posts
  • Interests:Collecting the uniforms, arms, accoutrements and medals primarily of the Commonwealth countries from WW1, as well as being a member of the Great War living history group The Vickers Machine Gunners Society 1914-45. Looking for anything militarily related to the names of COSST, DENSLEY, DUREPAIRE, SHOPLAND and UPTON.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

Douglas, I posted something on this on the International European WW1 Living History Forum, but I recently acquired an original WW1 Brodie that was reworked in 1938 to accept the later type liner and had the new rim added. It's in slightly relicky condition (the liner's more or less useless now) so would be a good candidate to strip down and rebuild in its original configuaration. 20 plus p+p if you're interested, can sort out some pictures and a couple of possible names to make new chinstrap bales as well.

#3 Bootnecks

Bootnecks

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Allied WW.1 bayonets, specializing in Enfield 1907's, US. Pattern 1913's & Model 1917's.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (douglass @ Jun 6 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,
anyone got a Reasonable/Good Condition WW1 British Helmet forsale?
just thought i would ask, i know there are probably a few on auction sites but dont want to get into bidding wars etc.
would rather buy a helmet shell with no strings.
any photos would be appreciated to douglassteel75@hotmail.com
many thanks
Douglass

I've got five original British Brodies shells for sale!

Seph

#4 krussell

krussell

Corporal

• Members2
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Military history in general,West ham united and motor cross.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Bootnecks @ Jun 7 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got five original British Brodies shells for sale!

Seph

how much do you want for these

#5 Bootnecks

Bootnecks

Lieut-Colonel

• Old Sweats
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Allied WW.1 bayonets, specializing in Enfield 1907's, US. Pattern 1913's &amp; Model 1917's.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (krussell @ Jun 7 2008, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much do you want for these

Where are you based... UK, USA... where?

Seph

#6 59165

Brigadier-General

• Old Sweats
  • 2,994 posts
  • Interests:Everything WW1 & before for depts 59 62 & 80 in France + Verdun & surrounding areas.Also a great cheese fan,same era.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Bootnecks @ Jun 15 2008, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you based... UK, USA... where?

Seph

According to ISP addy,it's Reading so,almost UK happy.gif

#7 trenchtrotter

trenchtrotter

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:The Western Front (all aspects, all nations). Collecting Great War militaria (uniforms and equipment). Visiting the battlefields (all areas, not just the British areas). Meeting fellow enthusiasts, good beer and French wine! Oh and Daleks!!!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

How long is a piece of string...do you want a nice original finish with liner etc or the re worked type Andrew offers?

They are fairly common and an internet search of dealers will be rewarding. Attend a local militaria fair. If you want one there there to be had. An hours car journey to a fair will be rewarded.

I bought a lovely shell with original paint, chin strap and Canadian Engineers stencil badge to front this weekend for a very reasonable price. How deep are your pockets?

Regards

TT

#8 Sean Peake

Sean Peake

Lieutenant

• Old Sweats
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (trenchtrotter @ Sep 21 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long is a piece of string...do you want a nice original finish with liner etc or the re worked type Andrew offers?

They are fairly common and an internet search of dealers will be rewarding. Attend a local militaria fair. If you want one there there to be had. An hours car journey to a fair will be rewarded.

I bought a lovely shell with original paint, chin strap and Canadian Engineers stencil badge to front this weekend for a very reasonable price. How deep are your pockets?

Regards

TT

Which Can. Engineers badge?

#9 Andrew Upton

Andrew Upton

Major-General

• Old Sweats
  • 4,416 posts
  • Interests:Collecting the uniforms, arms, accoutrements and medals primarily of the Commonwealth countries from WW1, as well as being a member of the Great War living history group The Vickers Machine Gunners Society 1914-45. Looking for anything militarily related to the names of COSST, DENSLEY, DUREPAIRE, SHOPLAND and UPTON.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (trenchtrotter @ Sep 21 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just saw this and realised I sold it long ago, edited my original post to avoid confusion.

#10 MG1918

MG1918

Captain

• Old Sweats
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Primarily German MG08,MG and LMG 08/15 & T Gewehr.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

I have available a beautiful WWI British brodie steel helmet, all complete with original oil skin liner, leather chin strap etc. Pse email me mark.finneran@hotmail.co.uk
Mark

#11 blackhat

blackhat

Private

• Members2
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

My name is Pete Pickering and I live in Hobart, Tasmania.

I am looking for 2 brodie shells to refurbish.

Myself & Drew Laird are heading to France/ Belgium next April representing D Company 26th Battalion (the Tassie Coy in a Queensland Battalion).

Please contact me at pete.pickering@dhhs.tas.gov.au if anyone is in a position to be of assistance.

Cheers,
Pete Pickering