Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

• Announcements

• GWF TEAM

Minor changes to the Forum   12/12/17

We have altered the structure of the Home Fronts and Uniforms, Arms, Insignia, Equipment & Medals boards. We have removed the sub-category headings and now each board is more visible and easier to find. We have also renamed "About this website" and "Using theTechnology" to make it clearer where to post questions about the GWF website. We have also put a link ot the forum Rules on the main menu at the top to make them easier to find - particularly the section regarding requesting look ups on subscription sites such as Ancestry. Finally, for those who visit Skindles, there is a pinned post there detailing some changes to it.   Regards The GWF Admin Team
Coldstreamer

findmypastoffer now with ancestry offers too

Andy Wade

Many thanks for that Kim, I was beginning to get a bit worried!
My account was still logged in but the last month's membership had expired and it accepted the code straight away and I've just renewed World subscription for 1 month for a £1. And unchecked the auto-renewal box of course. :thumbsup:

MickLeeds

Hello.

£1 monthly subscription to the British records at Find My Past through Genealogy Discount Codes site.

http://www.genealogydiscount.co.uk/

Just click on the offer and it takes you straight through to the FMP account payments page.

(Also £1 for a months Premium membership at Ancestry - offer ends tomorrow.)

Mick.

Coldstreamer

Thanks - I have treated myself to ancestry but wont turn my back on FMP :thumbsup:

annecaughey

Many thanks Mick. I usually subscribe to Ancestry for a month each time I want to research and didn't know about the £1 Ancestry offer until I read your post. Most welcome indeed.

Anne

Andy Wade

Yes Mick, many thanks.

I've just renewed Ancestry for a month until 15th October 2015. :thumbsup:

Coldstreamer

I have amended the title of the threads to include ancestry offers in the title

MickLeeds

The site Genealogy Discount Codes, originally found by Coldstreamer, seems to be the go to place. You just need to keep an eye on it and we should manage to reach a years subscription for £12 !

Mick.

Coldstreamer

That's the plan!

annecaughey

Spot on Mick and grateful thanks to Coldstreamer for starting the thread.

Anne

neverforget

Many thanks to all involved here :thumbsup:

I seem to have gained access to Ancestry via Mick`s link, but I`m quite alarmed at not being able to find the relevant auto-renewal box in order to uncheck it. Can anyone help please?

clk

Hi neverforget,

Hopefully top right hand corner you will see your user name, which has a drop down menu. From that choose "my account", then on the right hand side of the screen that appears there is a section entitled "subscription options", under which you should see a "cancel subscription" link.

Haven't used it personally though, as I currently have an ongoing subscription.

Regards

Chris

neverforget

Many thanks Chris. I`ll give it a go :thumbsup:

neverforget

I`ve done as you suggested, Chris, but what I`m getting is that there is no actual box to uncheck as such. I think you have to cancel the subscription, which then prevents the product from automatically renewing. However, it looks like I could cancel it today, and I will still have access till 15th next month? I don`t know. I`m a real Ancestry novice. It`ll probably take me a month to find my feet on it.

I`m up and running on it in any case, and they`ve only taken a quid, so can`t be bad. Thanks again chaps

Pighills

Yes, cancel the subscription to Ancestry, you'll still have access to the end date.

The link for FMP didn't work for me. I suspect because my current sub doesn't run out until 7/10.

Coldstreamer

I didnt know that re ancestry, I always have left it until last few days to do so.

Shall sort that one out!

cheers

Andy Wade

Me neither, I've always put several reminders on my phone on the days leading up to the renewal date.

Pighills

Just received an email from FMP: (they're very kind :D )

At Findmypast, we are committed to making family history more accessible. For that reason, we’re opening our record sets this weekend and allowing more people than ever to start their family history journey, absolutely free.

As we don’t want our valued World members to miss out, we’re extending your subscription by three days at no additional cost.

You don’t need to do anything to activate your extension, we'll add the days onto the end of your subscription for you and email you to confirm the change.

Our Free Weekend will include help guides and useful family history hints and tips from our resident experts. If you have any brick walls that need to be broken down, or any questions you’d like to put to our experts, be sure to tune in!

Thanks,

David_Underdown
bigbill

Many thanks - what would we do without the help we all get from all the muckers on this website (not forgetting the Powers That Be).

MickLeeds

Another £1 for one month of British records at Find My Past.

http://www.genealogydiscount.co.uk/

Just click on the offer and straight to the FMP payments page.

Also one month of British Newspaper Arcive for £1. (You already get access to this with the FMP subscription)

Mick.

David_Underdown

One pound for a month's world membership on FMP https://www.findmypast.co.uk/Pay?vouchercode=FWSEPOFFERnot clear how long this one is going to be valid

Ron Abbott

Thanks to all that take the time and effort to post details of these offers. Much appreciated.

Sue Light

Or maybe that should be sincere thanks to all those who pay the full yearly subscription which funds offers like these?

Sue

Andy Wade

Or maybe that should be sincere thanks to all those who pay the full yearly subscription which funds offers like these?

Sue

Thank you Sue.