Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

NigelS

Work of the Joint Casualty & Compassionate Centre (JCCC)

NigelS

From Radio 4's Woman's Hour (10/11/17) Researchers Louise Dorr and Nicola Nash of  the Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC), based at Imjin Barracks, Gloucester discuss their work identifying recovered servicemen's remains. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09cvxbj (scroll to 'soldier remains')

NigelS

micks

Nigel

Thank you for the connection to the interview. I have been in contact with Louise a couple of times in relation to cases which have passed before the JCCC. She is truly dedicated to this work.

thetrenchrat22

Interesting to listen too, but it does seem from the interview that the JCCC does all the research themselves into the graves

No mention of any independent researchers, finding a grave and coming up with a name for the occupant of the grave.  

I’ve passed a number of cases so far to the CWGC and I hope that my details are passed onto the next of kin when they are found and my name is acknowledged.  

But i don’t think that will happen as  cases that have appeared on the CWGC website gives no details of the original researcher 

micks

Alan

As you are aware the JCCC will not acknowledge the original researcher.

If you attend any of the re-dedication services you may be able to meet the families but besides this you will have to be satisfied with the fact that you are responsible for the identification.

Joseph Kerr1
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:46, thetrenchrat22 said:

Interesting to listen too, but it does seem from the interview that the JCCC does all the research themselves into the graves

No mention of any independent researchers, finding a grave and coming up with a name for the occupant of the grave.  

I’ve passed a number of cases so far to the CWGC and I hope that my details are passed onto the next of kin when they are found and my name is acknowledged.  

But i don’t think that will happen as  cases that have appeared on the CWGC website gives no details of the original researcher 

That raised some smiles at a get together of the NS&EKSHBAS last night :rolleyes: Not only do the MOD deliberately avoid saying the research has been done by somebody else but they word their press announcements etc etc in such a way that they read as if it is the MOD who have done all the work. It was also mentioned yesterday that CWGC have lost the manager who dealt with these cases and there is no replacement in place.

J.

thetrenchrat22
1 hour ago, Joseph Kerr1 said:

What is the NS&EKSHBAS

It was also mentioned yesterday that CWGC have lost the manager who dealt with these cases and there is no replacement in place.

Please can you explain what the NS&EKSHBAS is and also the above statement about the CWGC manager 

BullerTurner

I think they mean the manager has left and the post is "gapped" as a cost saving.  Not that the manager is "missing"!!